- Country of Origin: Produce of Thailand
Shrimp paste is made from crushed or ground shrimp. Like fish sauce, it is salted and fermented. The flavour is similar to fish sauce, except it is quite a bit stronger and, well…shrimpier.
It is commonly used in Southeast Asian and Southern Chinese cuisines. Here are some dishes you can use shrimp paste in…
* Char Kway Teow (Malaysian Rice Noodle Stir-fry)
* Khao Soi (Thai Curry Noodle Soup)
* Stir-fried conch with vegetables and fried tofu (Cantonese)
* Stewed eggplant and tofu use shrimp sauce (Cantonese)
* Stir-fried water spinach with shrimp paste (Malaysian)
Product of Malaysia
(Typical analysis per 100g)
Fat Total 2.4g
- Saturated 1.1g
- Sugars 0 g
Shrimps, salt, vegetable oil
Packaged in a facility that processes peanuts, wheat and milk products
Store item in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Up to 12 months if stored correctly. See label for Best Before date.